The proper maintenance of an EPI ESD floor is essential to guarantee its functionality. Smart Floor Solutions sells high-quality cleaning products and scrubber driers. We included these as an example in our recommendation. You may order the products on http://www.smartfloorsolutions.nl.
Maintenance consists of three steps:
- Preventive measures to protect the floor
- Daily or weekly maintenance
- Periodic maintenance
To prevent scratching, a scraper or an absorptive mat, e.g. Storax or Hamat, should be placed at the door. This prevents the tracking of sand or stone dust into the building. We suggest the entrance solutions of Storax or Hamat.
Furniture floor protection
We recommend using suitable caps, glides or wheels under tables, chairs and office chairs to prevent scratching. More information can be found on epi.scratchnomore.nl
We recommend maintaining the floor daily, depending on the degree of soiling. Use a Swiffer and a microfibre cloth for sweeping. Check for stains and remove these with a damp moist microfibre cloth.
Sweeping does not remove all dirt. After sweeping and the removal of loose dirt, we recommend a moist, mechanical cleaning at least once a week. You can do this by hand or mechanically, depending on the surface and the degree of soiling.
- Use a microfibre flat mop system with 2 buckets, one for the dirty water and one for the mopping water.
- Always use a clean mop.
- Add Smart Floor Solutions MP50 ESD to the mopping water (mixing ratio 1:1 to 1:50).
- Use a scrubber drier.
- Use a pad holder with red pad.
- Add Smart Floor Solutions MP50 ESD to the machine (mixing ratio 1:1 to 1:50).
An EPI ESD floor is easy to maintain. Due to the load and the related degree of soiling, the floor requires a thorough cleaning once or twice a year. This removes persistent dirt, which affects the floor’s appearance. Use Smart Floor Solutions SP50 ESD (mixing ratio 1:1 to 1:50) for this.
- Use a scrubber drier.
- Add Smart Floor Solutions MP50 ESD to the clean water of the scrubber drier (mixing ratio 1:1 to 1:50).
- Scrub (do not vacuum) the floor with the scrubber drier with a brush holder or a pad holder with a red pad and let it soak for approximately 10 minutes. Do not let it dry!
- Scrub the borders along the walls with a Doodlebug with a red pad.
- Then scrub and vacuum the floor again with the scrubber drier.
|Swiffer and microfibre cloth||Sweeping system|
|Mopping||Moist, not too much water||Floor cleaner MP50 ESD Dosage 1:50||Flat mop system with microfibre|
|Scrubbing with red
pad and suck water (as needed and at least once every 2 weeks)
|Floor cleaner SP50 ESD Dosage 1:50||Scrubber drier with red pad. Doodlebug with
red pad for
|Removal of rubber skid marks and heavy soiling||Spray soiled areas||Floor cleaner SP50 spray bottle||Red pad / damp moist cloth|